Saturday, February 28, 2009

do you ever have one of those moments?

you know, those moments where your sitting in your vehicle, in my case a mini-van, and the person next to you at the stop light is an undetermined gender. I had one of those today. I glanced over as I usually do to see if someone was paying attention to me rocking out, yelling at the kids, stuffing my face with food, talking on the phone, doing my make-up, or whatever it was that I was doing at the time. You see, I can't just drive, I seem to always be doing something else while I'm driving. I know it sounds unsafe, but I promise that I do it in a safe manner. Back to the topic at hand though...I glanced over and what I saw was a man or a woman. He/she had stubble and a significantly strong jaw bone. They had a haircut that could go either way. The rock on the ring finger on the left hand told me that he/she was female....until I looked at their face again. I just really could not tell. I know this all sounds horribly mean, but really I have to give this person credit. They are keeping me on my toes. It's not as if the person was ugly either, I'm just saying, maybe if there weren't a glare from the sun and they weren't wearing a big bulky coat and I had more than the amount of time a stop light lasts to stare. Then maybe I could have figured it out.

While we're on the subject of my mini-van though, I wanted to share how much I dislike, or perhaps hate my mini-van. Hate is not a word I choose to use often. Why you ask? Well for one, while the mini-van has every convenience that a family may need, auto open doors, dvd players, space, what have you...it is big, very big. I'm surprised that I still have tires and rims. I run over curbs daily, and I can no longer parallel park. Not only that, but even worse. I'd like to ask those of you who are non mini-van drivers if there is an invisible (to me) sign on the front of a mini-van that screams, PLEASE PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ME! I promise you this happens every single time I am driving it around. I keep trying to remember if I did this when I had my last vehicle, a Corolla. I probably did, because I probably figured this was going to be a slow type of driver that I didn't want to be stuck behind. Oh well, I've decided that it doesnt matter what it takes I'm getting a new vehicle in September, yep that's right. What do you suggest? That is not a mini-van?
Photobucket

1 comments:

Gena said...

OOOH How about a hummer! hehehe then those pulling out in front of you would fear you!

Now for the she-man, wow I hate when people confuse me like that! LOL