Friday, April 17, 2009

Aloha Friday

Aloha Friday is brought to you by An Island Life, head on over, sign mister linky and join in the fun!

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.

My Question This Week:

How early do you wake up every morning? Do you wake up earlier during the week and sleep in the weekends?

From the advice of a good friend, I've started waking up a little earlier during the week. I used to wake up when the first child woke up. She was right though, it's nice to get up have my coffee and have a little "me time" before the little ones get up! Which is exactly what I'm doing right now! Our whole family tends to sleep in an extra hour on Sundays, not sure how we got in the habit of it. Sunday is definitely our laziest day though.


Photobucket

19 comments:

Brandi said...

I wake up a 5 during the week and on the weekends I wake up whenever my son does.

I am Harriet said...

I wake up early every morning to go for a run with my dog. She is unfriendly and if we wait until the sun is up there will be havoc on the sidewalks.

Gena said...

:) I wake up 30 minutes earlier than the girls during the week. On the weekends, I don't set the alarm but Ashley is old enough to help out with breakfast so I can get "mommy" time in the morning. I have a heck of a time if I don't get a few minutes in the morning. :)

Faith - That's Just Freaking Lovely said...

I wake up TOO early .. between 5 and 5:30. I work from home and like to get a couple of hours in before I have to get the kids ready and off to school.

Jennifer said...

I am up bewteen 6:30 and 7am.

Sawatzky family said...

I am an early riser...always have been one :)
I work out at a bootcamp three mornings a week so I am up at 5:30 those day for sure. I think my body is so used to it now that I tend to be up at that hour everyday regardless of the chance to sleep in or not! lol

Kimmie said...

I get up at 6 a.m. on weekdays. On weekends I sleep until my daughter gets up, which is usually between 6 and 7 a.m. I miss the days of sleeping in! lol

My Aloha Friday

The Social Frog said...

Hubby & I wake up at 8am every day, even on the weekends.

MamaJoss said...

Clockwork children are up by 7:30am EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

PMKU said...

I'm awake by 6 something but I'm out of bed by 7 something. lol

My kids are up early every day. There is so such thing as sleeping in. I have to wait until they are teenagers.

janetfaye said...

I wake up about 8 am and yes I sleep longer on the weekends :)

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Our alarm is set to go off at 6am M-F. Of course one of the boys is usually up long before that. On the weekend we are all usually up long before 7.

Momstart said...

I so need to start doing that but I stay up late so my me time is after my husband goes to bed

Auntie E said...

Normally it is at 5:30 am. every day including weekends. I love the time alone in the morning. The house is so quiet.

annies home said...

5 a.m daily unless oversleep then always by 6 a.m

sues2u2 said...

Mon through Fri during school, I'm up around 6:45. Sat I sleep until somewhere in the region of 8 or 9 & Sunday I'm up by 6. Our church starts @ 8 but if you're not there by 7:40 you don't get a seat on the padded pews!

Shari @ A Psych Mommy said...

I'm up at 5 or 5:30 only because my son makes me--definitely not by choice!

My expressions LIVE said...

I am all over the place...I work 24on and 48 off...I wake up 530 the day before work, must be up by 6 at work, and I try to sleep in on my day off...but the kids have other ideas....xoxoxo

yonca said...

I am up between 6-6.30 am. Love mornings!