Thursday, April 9, 2009

Name This Recipe, Win a CookBook!

I love to eat, I love to cook. What I don't love is spending enormous amounts of time doing either, especially with two kiddos running and crawling around at my feet! Don't get me wrong, there are certain occasions when that meal that takes hours to make is worth it, like when my husband is home.

I'm going to share with you a recipe that took me literally 15 minutes to make from the prep to getting it on the table. This recipe rooted from the fact that I don't like most alfredo sauces, and both my son and husband love them. I had to come up with a white sauce that we would all love, to save mine and my husbands marriage (just kidding).

What you need:
  • 1lb boneless skinless chicken, sliced or cubed
  • 8 0z garden vegetable Philadelphia Cream Cheese (or any variety you prefer)
  • about 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 to 1 lb pasta, any variety, I chose rotini tonight
  • 1/2 pack of ranch dip mix, the powder
  • red and or yellow peppers, sliced
For my side dish tonight I chose one of my favorite spring veggies, asparagus. I also chose that because that is what had on hand and what is on sale at the grocery store this week.

I start by putting the water on the stove to boil for my pasta.

I also start the steaming process for the asparagus, which consists of a pot with a colander the vegetable sits in and a lid. 10-15 min. and my vegetable will be done.

While I'm waiting for that, I cook the tbsp of olive oil mixed with the ranch dip mix over medium heat.

I start cutting up chicken and immediately toss into the olive oil mix. I let that cook almost all the way through and then toss in the red and yellow peppers that I sliced while the chicken was cooking.

By this time my water is boiling and I pour in my pasta.

Now my chicken is cooked. I add the entire contents of the cream cheese tub into my chicken mixture. I let that melt into it a little and then add the milk. I stir and let cook just for another couple minutes.

Now everything is done! My asparagus is cooked so there is just that little bit of a crisp, I sprinkle a little garlic salt on the asparagus. The pasta and chicken are also ready. You can either mix the pasta with the chicken before serving or after, I prefer to do it after. I serve with white wine, Pinot Grigio tonight. Voila! Quick, easy meal that my entire family loves.

If the details are sketchy and you have any questions, just shoot me an email. I am not an experienced recipe typist!



Oh yeah, I almost forgot! This recipe does not have a name, so the person who comes up with best suited name for this recipe will win one of my favorite cookbooks!









Photobucket