Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Irony

vacuum cleaner Pictures, Images and Photos
Let me start with a little background. I always leave the vacuum out, for whatever crazy reason, I hate putting it away. It aggravates Rob to no end. I get it out, I leave it out...behind the chair or in the corner. It belongs in our laundry room, tucked behind the door. I hate getting it out, I hate putting it away. So usually, if I have to get it out in the first place, I certainly don't want to put it away again!

Well, last night after Friday Night Live at Momdot I decided it was time for me to go to bed. Rob was watching a movie, so I let him know, and he followed. We turned out all of the lights except the bathroom light and locked the doors. We brushed our teeth, I finished first. I started to walk out of the bathroom and he shut off the lights before I made it all the way out. Which put me in pitch black. I'm sure you all know what is coming next! The next step I took was one of sheer pain. I stubbed every toe on my left foot. On what you ask? You got it! I was hopping around on one foot whimpering, Rob was laughing as hard as I'd ever seen him laugh. I still didn't know what I'd stubbed my toes on, but figured it out when I realized how hard Rob was laughing. By the time I hopped into bed I was laughing too, mostly because I like seeing him laugh so hard! He was still laughing this morning. My toes still hurt this morning.

Needless to say, I will be putting the vacuum away from now on!
Photobucket

6 comments:

A.V.A said...

LMAO! Sorry couldn't help it. I leave my vacuum out too.

Staci A said...

Oh no! My vacuum stays behind the chair too, I almost took it out this morning (or it almost took me out I guess) when I went to go past!

Gena said...

LMAO that is so something I would do. I actually leave my vacuum out and try not to. :X

Sara said...

So sorry to hear to hear that you hurt your self on the vacuum but thank you for sharing this story, glad that I'm not the only one to run over things in the dark. :)
Sara

Anonymous said...

We go thru the same thing here. It goes in a closet, but I tend to leave it in the hallway outside of the closet and my husband runs into it in the dark in the morning. I laugh at him and now it has become a joke. I have even waited till he is in bed and put it in the middle of the hallway to ensure he trips over it. Mwah ha ha ha!

Suzanne said...

Ouch! Your poor tootsies!